- In the course of your study with us we will be requesting written work, and audio and video recordings from you.
- Unless otherwise indicated, please provide short answers to each question asked - a few sentences or a short paragraph that conveys your understanding of the concepts.
- Audio/video recordings need not be professional quality, but please ensure we can see both you and your subject clearly in the videos, and that the sound quality of all recordings is sufficient for normal listening.
- The point of the assessment items is for you to demonstrate to us your understanding of the materials here, and any further reading or study you may have done. If we feel there’s something you need to give further consideration to we will let you know. We will give careful attention to your practical work, and provide you with constructive feedback. We want you to be good at what you do.
- We adhere to professional assessment standards of the Australian Hypnotherapists’ Association for the study of the Clinical Practice of Hypnosis in Australia.
- Although this assessment process is not designed to be an academic exercise, please give attention to grammar, punctuation and spelling - hypnotherapy is all about good communication and this is an opportunity for you to develop your language around the subject.
- While we all draw from many sources and the people who came before us, plagiarism is not acceptable. It is useful to get in the habit of correctly referencing any texts or sources you draw from that are not your own, especially if you are seeking to make a career out of hypnotherapy. APA (American Psychological Association) referencing is the standard for this subject of study.
Once all items are completed, assignments are to be emailed in full to [email protected]. Please submit text files in .rtf (rich text format). Large files (audio & video) are to be provided in mp3/mp4 format, and may be shared via a file-sharing program such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
Feedback and assessment will be provided to you within 14 days of you sending assessment items.
(And if you’re more of an analogue kind of person, that’s ok! You can post your assessment items to us to PO Box 108, Everton Park, QLD, 4053.)